July 2010… we went on vacation.
Four years later, we’re up working until all hours of the night getting ready to open our new store called “Sunflower.”
Would I swap out this month, for July 2010?
[Back to my easy, uncomplicated life?]
Not a chance.
July 2014 finds me in the midst of complete chaos, yet so many things have made my life richer than it was when life was easy.
- I love my family more than ever
- I’m getting ready to work with one of the most talented women I know
- We’ve recently found kindred spirits who are on a parallel wild-ride with us
- Our little house can be cleaned up in a jiffy, as opposed to a day
- The weeds in my yard cannot be seen from the street
We could be at the beach this week.
[But then we’d have to come back to real life anyway.]
I realized the other day, that I’m actually enjoying my real life and not living for vacation anymore.
I’m not sure how or when this happened, but I will take it! I count it as just another one of the many blessings I’ve received since July 2010 when we WERE on vacation — the vacation that inspired this painting.
To read the story behind this oil painting, visit my on-line gallery at www.mariescottstudios.com