Day 6: more bricks to paint!
As I'm working my way down the wall, I start to run into the sunflowers which will be in the foreground. Painting around the leaves becomes quite tedious.
I spent quite a while working on the arched window. But I love it!
The bottom half of the window is extremely tricky. The photo I have of the house shows a replacement window in this area, which I believe either will eventually be changed to match the others, so I'm basically making this part of the window up. Luckily we've lived in a couple of REALLY old homes, so I'm familiar with old wooden windows look like. (I have logged many hours painting them--House painting that is--not Portrait painting.)
It actually took me two times to get the lower portion of the window the way I wanted it. I had quite a mess on my hands for a while, as I had to "erase" my first attempt at this window. I used lots of q-tips and cotton balls soaked in Walnut oil to remove the paint I didn't want.
Today is my last work day before Nathan starts his 2-week long Christmas break... so unfortunately this painting is going to be put to rest until the New Year. I wish I had another week to work on this (incredibly challenging but rewarding) painting to finish it up!